Monday, October 02, 2006

Not so motivated...

Two yucky tests this week (pharmacology and epidemology). I don't feel very prepared and I've already gotten sick of studying.

Saturday is my birthday. Yay. Funny how it's not as exciting as when you were a kid. I'd like to stop aging now, please?

Today, while in class, it hit me... my mom is gone. Every couple days I'm reminded of it, and it's just a really heavy, sinking feeling. I don't want to study right now, I just want to be sad.

On the bright side, Ian and I went horseback riding yesterday... it was a beautiful day :)

Must go motivate myself and memorize 100 different drugs for Wednesday's exam. Blah.

3 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Julie said...

My Mother had been gone for about three years when I was 9 months pregnant with Tommy. I distinctly remember, and I'm sure that Ashley will too, standing in the living room in my little nightie doing nothing in particular when it hit me out of the blue. "My Mom died." (I almost never say or think the word "died"...I always say passed away or something like that). It felt like someone punched me in the stomach. I was just sick. I cried for a long time, and I cry now as I remember it. Poor Ashley probably thought I was a little nutzie.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

What? Not as exciting as when you were a kid? But the presents...!

Ok, I still love birthdays! Happy birthday!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

Oh, and I just had my first birthday without my sister. It felt like something was missing the whole day, but I know her spirit was there.

I hope it was a good day for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home