Monday, October 23, 2006

Cold!

The weather is cold and I have a cold. I was a little concerned because I've been coughing ALOT and those of you that know me well remember when I had a collapsed lung a few years ago. Well, although we aren't sure what brought it on before, heavy coughing can definitely cause it to happen again. But I think I'm okay, thanks to cough syrup and drops.

I have a pharmacology test this afternoon. I can't wait until that's over. But this week should be plenty busy - this weekend we (Alpha Psi - the MSU College of Vet. Med. Large Animal Fraternity) are putting on a fundraiser for the Beekman Therapeutic Riding Center. They are a non-profit organization that allows mentally and physically challenged children and adults learn to ride horses. It's really an amazing program. Anyway, we are throwing a Halloween Party for children at the riding center with pumpkin painting, hay rides, cider and donuts and some other games. This is the first year we are doing this so we have a lot of work ahead of us this week.

Ian and I are working on the house (as always). We are putting a bar in the basement and finishing the floor. Then it will be our new TV/entertainment area. I'm really excited.

Next week I'm going to be moving my horse, Pito, from my in-laws to a boarding stable with a indoor arena. This will just be for the winter. Ian's parents farm is 30 miles away and they don't have an indoor arena, so riding in the winter can be quite a challenge. The new farm I will be moving him to is only 12 miles away and has a really nice indoor arena. So I'll get to ride more and hopefully get him back in shape so I can show him this summer!!! Very excited.

I should write more frequently on my blog so that I don't have these LONG entries.

7 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

The cool thing about blogging is you can do it as much or as little as you want.

Since my sister coughed a lot from her lung cancer, I always worry when I start caughing. I am glad you only have a cold, and hope it goes away soon!

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Jill said...

I know what you mean about coughing and being worried!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Are you feeling better yet?

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Just really starting to feel better the last couple days... it was a long-winded cold.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Is everything going okay with you? I haven't heard from you in a while.

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Lynda said...

You haven't given up on blogging, have you?

If you ever need to chat, feel free to email me at lkscherf(at)gmail(dot)com. I have some Relay for Life pictures of the luminaria I would like to email you.

Also, if you want, I can email you some of the emails you mom sent me.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Sorry...I will try to start blogging again soon. Finals are this week (12/11 - 12/15). Plus, my dog and horse have required a great deal of attention from me lately - we call it the vet school curse, but all vet students' animals get ill while we are in school. I'll be back again after finals hopefully!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home