Thursday, September 14, 2006

Two stories, completely unrelated....

but I want to share both of them with you. The first is a very sentimental story about my mom. The second is a strange, but funny e-mail from one of my classmates, who happens to have one eye.

Story one: from Kyrstin Ritsema (a very close friend of mine).

"Dunes"
"I just wanted to let you know that Nick and I went back to the Dunes the day after your Mom's memorial, and there was this little girl, and she didn't want to look over the deck at the water, she didn't want to look at the telescope, she kept peaking her head through the bars of the deck. (she was standing right next to me as she said this) Her Mom asked "don't you want to look through the telescope?" and the little girls said, "Naw, I just want to look at the pretty flowers down there. Don't you think that they are pretty flowers?" I told her I thought that they were beautful flowers. "


Story two: from a classmate of mine

"To all of my fellow classmates, who have all been so kind by turning a blind eye to my lack thereof: I found my eye!!!!!!! I can see so much better now!!! YEAH!!!!!! Apparently, it had gotten "misplaced" in the jungle I commonly refer to as my apartment... surprise, surprise. Since I did not feel like studying last night (of course, I never feel like studying), I spent some quality time "cleaning" (aka: stuffing things under my bed), which is perhaps the one thing I can do with only a minimal amout of "I'm-not-studying-and-therefore-I-am-going-to-fail-out-of-vet-school-guilt"... So, I am back to looking normal, rather than like a freak. Thank you to all of you for "keeping an eye out" for my eye (a very bad pun, I know)! Thanks again!"

I think both of these stories will make you smile, in very different ways, of course!

3 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

hahaha! I can just imagine someone walking on campus and "Oh, what is that? An EYE!!!"

I might have to find those Dunes one day, and visit Lynne. I always hoped to meet her.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Very funny and "lovely" as Tommy would say.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Ash said...

That first story was great, It really made me think of Lynne and that second one had me cracking up, lol. Thanks for comments on my post, when I viewed it from your profile it turned out right, wierd. I'll have to try that picture thing when I get home tomorrow Thanks for all the tips! Love You!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home