Monday, September 11, 2006

Sorting

Yesterday we (Ian, Josh, Angie, Jon, Jen and I) sorted, packed and moved everything out of my mom's apartment. It was pretty difficult and I just put my emotions on hold - sometimes that's not the best thing to do. However, it is what I needed to do yesterday. She had so many clothes, I had no idea. Alot of it just went to goodwill, but I kept a few things. Anyway, most of her things are now all in my house/garage/breezeway. So needless to say, there is plenty more sorting and distributing to be done in the weeks to come. Aunt Marsha came over and took some of my Mom's things, for example many of my mom's teddy bears that she made years ago. Julie is coming today after her class to pick up a few things as well.

This weekend I also spent a great deal of time studying. Kayce was nice enough to teach me Pharmacology from when I missed class during the first week. So, I'm feeling pretty caught up and confident about my school work right now, which is a huge relief.

Today, I have class from 1-5 and then I'll be getting together with some classmates to continue studying pharm. for our test on Wednesday. I am also expecting a large package (Dyson vacuum). I'm pretty excited about that :)

7 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Henry (Calem's Opa) said...

Hi Jill my name is henry. I lost my 25 year old daughter to this awfull disease. My heart goes out to you and my thoughts will be with you. i will check regularly on your blog. Henry

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Henry (Calem's Opa) said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

We haven't really gone over my sister's things too much. We went through some of her clothing. I find comfort in wearing them.

For me, pictures were very therapeutic also. Sometimes it brings up a lot of emotions also, but it is all a good thing. Good luck with the tests.

Do you have Lynne's pets?

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger karen said...

hi jill-

did you get my e-mail? do you need any more help with anything? thinking of you and happy that things are going better with school. i know your mom is very proud of you...

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Jill said...

Thank you, EVERYONE for your kind words and thoughts, I really appreciate it!

Lynda - I have my mom's cat, her dog Pogo was adopted by a really nice family and they just love him!

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Lynda (Laurianne's Sister) said...

I am glad he went to a good home. I was wondering about that. I know how much she loved her pets. :)

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Lynda (Laurianne's Sister) said...

Sorry, I am posting on my other account. I keep Laurianne's blog separate from my personal one. lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home