Saturday, September 09, 2006

Saturday morning

Remember as a kid, when you woke up on Saturday mornings all you had to think about was what cartoons were on and what you were going to eat for breakfast? Today, I woke up worried about cleaning out Mom's apartment, cleaning my house (will I ever finish painting the bedroom?), paying bills and studying. I prefer to think about mindless television and pancakes.

My husband, Ian, is working today, just like most Saturday's. I really hate how much he has to work (and I know he does, too). I think asking someone to work 70+ hours a week is a bit ridiculous. I just wish he were at home.

I'm still missing Mom very much, but yesterday I scanned some old photos of her (instead of studying) - it was quite therapeutic.

Today, I plan to do some of those awful jobs I mentioned above (cleaning, studying, etc.) . Maybe I'll eat pancakes for breakfast. :)

3 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Oh my gosh, you're right. Nobody should have to work 70+ hours a week. He will be even busier when his class begins. Hope your pancakes were good this morning. :)

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Being Made said...

Jill--

I lost my Mom just over a year ago to Lung Cancer as well. She was 58. I was 24. I found your blog through your Mom's... I blogged my journey with Mom's cancer and my journey with grief at www.newwaylc.blogspot.com.... and now I'm over at www.digtoesin.wordpress.com. I am NOT writing this to send you to my blogs to read, though. I AM writing it to say--I've not been on your journey, but I've been through my own... and I'm praying for you. And if there is any other way I can support you, I will.

Val

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger JUST A MOM said...

I am her by Lynda, I ma sorry bout your mother. I will be popping in on you to check that you are still laughing now and then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home