Wednesday, September 13, 2006

It's strange to feel this way

I'm not sure if I'm still in shock or if I'm getting used to the fact that Mom is gone, but I'm realizing that it's been over two weeks since she passed away life hasn't changed much. I'm sad, of course, but I still feel like she's my mom and nothing has changed about my relationship with her. I know she's not here to directly talk to or ask questions, but I know she's still here in some way.

I had another dream about her last night, this time I just remember sitting next to her at an outdoor movie theater. It was nice.

My first Pharmacology exam today went well. :)

However, my husband is home early from work!!!! So I'm off to spend some time with him and our dogs!

3 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Henry (Calem's Opa) said...

Jill I hope somehow this dreams are comforting to you. I personally have never dreamt about my daughter. I wish you all the best in this difficult time. My thoughts will be with you.

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Lynda (Laurianne's Sister) said...

Sometimes I feel like my sister is in New York, still living her life. Other times are harder. I think it just goes to show how good your relationship with your mom was and how love does not end with life.

I love when my husband gets home from work early. :)

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Being Made said...

It took me a long time to feel what I expected to feel--the sad stuff, and the crying stuff. I think our brains protect us from reality by making things feel normal for a while.

Whatever the feeling--these that seem so normal, and other harder ones that come later, give yourself permission to feel them and know that they are normal... or maybe there really is no normal when it comes to these things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home