Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Dreams

Recently my aunt had a dream that she was looking over some type of barrier at a picnic table full of people. Everyone had their back to her, except for my mom (who was in her 20's and happy and healthy). My mom was talking to the people, looked up and waved at my aunt and then went on talking to the people.

I had been very upset recently about my dreams. I have always thought that people who have passed away contact you via your dreams. And for several days after my mom's death I had bad dreams. Then the dreams turned to just images of my mom - I couldn't remember much about the dream, I just knew my mom was in it.

Last night, I was talking with Julie and expressed how sad I was that I haven't had a good dream about my mom. However, last night, I had a dream... my mom was definitely in it. The dream was that we thought she was ill, but they ran some tests and she turned out to be perfectly healthy. As Julie said, it was my mom's body that was ill, not her.

5 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Hi Jill..I saw your blog on Lynda's and I just wanted to say hello. I never visited your moms blog before she passed but I just went back and read some.

I lost my mom to cancer 5 years ago and I know how hard it is for you right now. It does get better..eventually.

I still have dreams about my mom. For awhile every dream I had included her in some way. Even if I was dreaming about polar bears in the desert somehome my mom was in there. I like to think that was her way of saying hi..maybe the only way she could was when I was asleep.

Im very sorry for you and your family. I will be thinking about you.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Julie said...

That is a cool dream!

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger karen said...

hi jill -

you know i had almost the same dream about your aunt judy right after she passed away, only she was sitting in a row of people in an auditorium, and ed and i were in the back...i have a couple of really great books for you to read when we see you.

i dream about my mom much more than i used to, and it will be two years on 10/27 since she passed away. lately in my dreams, she is sick, but we talk about it and spend a lot of time together. we didn't talk about it much in reality, but she didn't seem to want to and i respected that. sometimes, though, i just wish i had more time to talk to her. and in my dreams, i do.

anyway, we will be in touch about a time to come visit. hang in there, sweetie!

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Lynda (Laurianne's Sister) said...

I envy you. I haven't had any dreams about my sister, except for one where my dog got hit by a car. And it wasn't a visitation dream, just a dream.

Every now and then, I feel like my sister is present a little more vividly than usual.

Wow, do I sound like a weirdo or what? lol.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Jill said...

no, Lynda, that doesn't sound weird to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home