Friday, September 22, 2006

Crazy?

The other night, while in Traverse City, I was sleeping and I distinctly heard my mom's voice say "Jill.." and I replied..."What?" And her voice said "I love you." I'm not sure if it was a dream or a figment of my imagination. Either way, it was nice.

Doing alot of studying lately (I do a good job of avoiding it at times, too). My first two tests went well. I have 1-2 exams per week (mostly just 1) until the end of the semester. It's kind of nice (WHAT?!?) because it ensures that I stay on top of the material. I don't have a chance to get behind because I'm constantly studying. Right now I'm studying pathology, which I enjoy, but there is a great deal of material for this exam.

Ian has tomorrow off (yay!). I have a wet lab tomorrow morning to go to, and we both have some studying to do tomorrow.
Earlier this week, one of or professors informed us that he had to cancel lab due to the death of a family member. The emotions of losing my mom came flooding back (as they often do, about every other day).

In addition... Ian is visiting his uncle in the hospital right now, who is very, very ill with cancer. I have only met his uncle once or twice, Ian doesn't know him all that well, either. But he is family. It's a long story, but unfortunately, he is not expected to live much longer. It's very sad.

On the upside, Ari (my dog) continues to do well with his chemotherapy for lymphoma.
Anyway, I should get back to studying...and yes, sometimes we, vet students, have to study on Friday nights.

3 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger Julie said...

No...that's no crazy...that's just your Mommy letting you know how much she loves you.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

I understand your mom loved TC. No wonder you heard her there!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Aunt Marsha said...

That seems that it most likely was her; because it is very much like when my Mother spoke my name only, near my ear, absolutely out loud and certainly her voice. It was a short time after her death. It is comforting to know that they have just moved to a distant place but are still there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home